Subject: [Boost-users] Serializing a vector containing an unsupported data type
From: Tim Burgess (tim_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-05-12 19:23:54

Hi,

I have a vector:

Std::vector <std::pair< std::string, wxAny> > myParameters;

I need to serialize this as part of the class it belongs to and I'm confused
as to how to do it, given that the wxWidgets wxAny class isn't supported by
Boost. A colleague suggested using lexical cast and I think I can see how
this would help if I was just serializing an individual wxAny variable, but
how would I cope with it within the vector? I'm serializing out to XML, if
this is an issue.

Can anybody help, please?

Best wishes.

Tim Burgess