Subject: [Boost-users] Boost.Filesystem (?): How to get the platform-specific path separator (not directory separator) ?
From: Johannes Stallkamp (jstallkamp_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-05-14 05:22:03

Hi all,

Boost.Filesystem eases use of path names across platforms w.r.t to the
directory separator (slash vs. backslash, as I am only concerned with
Linux <-> Windows).

Now, I need to handle _lists_ of path names (in an environment variable).

Is there a similar transparent way a) to automatically handle or b)
access os-specific _path_ separators (colon vs. semicolon) in
Boost.Filesystem or Boost in general?

In other words, I am looking for the Boost (well, C++) equivalent of
Pyhton's os.pathsep, Java's path.separator or PHP's PATH_SEPARATOR.

And I am looking for a library function/constant rather than a
self-implemented platform-dependent preprocessor directive.

The only C++-solution I am currently aware of is
"apr_filepath_list_merge"/"apr_filepath_list_split" in Apache Portable
Runtime (as mentioned in this answer to my question on stackoverflow:
(http://stackoverflow.com/a/10514401/1228449)

Is there a similar way in Boost?

Kind regards
Johannes