Subject: Re: [Boost-users] segmentation fault using boost asio in linux.
From: Martin Dyring-Andersen (mda_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-05-15 14:08:57

> I have one more question.
> If i use one thread instead of 2 threads utilizing io_service.run(), I wouldn't see this issue, right?
> since only one CallBack is handled by the same thread in sequential way.
>
> Thanks,
> Mustafa

Hi Mustafa,

You're probably seeing the segfault because the buffer you passed to async_send is invalidated before the send completes (due to vector reallocation).

So you need to ensure that the buffer remains valid until the async_send completion is invoked, for instance your container could be managed by a shared_ptr that is passed to the completion handler.

Best regards,
Martin Dyring-Andersen