Subject: Re: [Boost-users] First attempt at using Boost::Test is a flop: the program ends with an exception related to std::string but I don't use any
From: Ted Byers (r.ted.byers_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-05-21 19:48:06

Thank you one and all who replied. Your replies were quite helpful.

I have a couple final questions.

1) What does such a test program return to whatever invoked it. But that I
mean, can I build the testsuite using make, have make execute the testsuite
program, and fail with an error if one of the tests fail? If so, I can
create another target in my makefiles that do just that, and still another
one that checks code into an SVN repository after doing an update against
the repository and rebuilding everything, and verifying the testsuite builds
and runs successfully (and bales before the check-in if one of the tests
fails).
2) Is there a tool included in Boost::Test that provides support for code
coverage, that can be used to check to verify that all the code in the
source code is tested by one or more test cases in the test suite? I have
found several open source tools (gcov, trucov, and covtool), but have not
yet had a chance to investigate them. Again, I want an automated way to
ensure that all code in my project is subjected to one, or, preferably more,
tests.

Cheers

Ted