Subject: Re: [Boost-users] logger progress?
From: Klaim - Joël Lamotte (mjklaim_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-05-26 12:05:05

Hi,

I think you mean Boost.Log? That's the library that have been accepted into
boost but still need some work before inclusion.

I asked by email to the author recently and he answered to me so I think it
is ok to publish his answer here:

-------------------------------

On Thursday 24 May 2012 00:05:47 Joel Lamotte wrote:
> Hi Andrei.
>
> If I remember correctly, your last public estimation of release of
> Boost.Log would have been "this summer".
> I just wanted to check if you are still confident in this estimation now
or
> if you think it will more likely be possible after this summer?

I think the most optimistic line is by the end of the summer but I'm not
100%
sure. I'm quite busy now so I don't have much time to spend on the library.

> Also, is the current SVN at sourceforge the last version? Or did you
> migrate elsewhere?

Yes, the project is still hosted on SourceForge, the actual code is in SVN
there.

> Did you already have an almost final interface?

The interface is not finalized yet, unfortunately. There are pending changes
in formatters and filters and attribute declaration. Also, core unification
is
in progress.

So I guess it's pretty clear that you should wait at least for the
interface changes to be finished before using the new version.
The old version is, AFAIK, available in the SVN.

Joel Lamotte