Subject: Re: [Boost-users] Building PDF with Open Source Solution
From: Paul A. Bristow (pbristow_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-06-08 05:33:06

Of
> John Maddock
> Sent: Friday, June 08, 2012 9:54 AM
> To: boost-users_at_[hidden]
> Subject: Re: [Boost-users] Building PDF with Open Source Solution
>
> > PDFlib has a free version.
> >
> > http://www.pdflib.com/
> >
> > Then, there's GNU PDF:
> >
> > http://www.gnupdf.org/Main_Page
> >
> > I highly recommend PDFNet from PDFTron; it is commercial but their
> > free evaluation version lasts a long time (specially on Linux).
> >
> > http://www.pdftron.com/pdfnet/
>
> Stop already! Sorry, but those are libraries and we need a complete solution for docbook to PDF
> transformation, as I said in another message, the hard part isn't writing the PDF, it's paginating
the
> document, that's why no one has written a home-grown solution, now would it be sensible to try
when
> there are already complete working solutions IMO.

I agree - if is ain't broke, don't fix it!

The very discreet acknowledgement to RenderX is a tiny price to pay for a working system.

And despite some people being sniffy about the appearance of the PDf,
(I still like Times Roman) having a single file for each library is jolly useful.

And lots of thanks to John for the hassle of producing them all.

Paul

---
Paul A. Bristow,
Prizet Farmhouse, Kendal LA8 8AB  UK