Subject: Re: [Boost-users] issue about include boost thread header in MFC dll
From: Pravar (pravar.jawalkar_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-06-22 00:44:07

On 06/22/2012 07:45 AM, young wrote:
> I have a MFC dll application. I try to use Boost thread in the dll.
>
> #include "stdafx.h"
> #include "interface.h"
> #include "MFCDLL.h"
>
> #include<boost/thread.hpp>
>
> // The one and only CMFCDLLApp object
> CMFCDLLApp theApp;
>
> EXPORT32 int __stdcall func()
> {
> AFX_MANAGE_STATE(AfxGetStaticModuleState());
> return DLL_OK;
> }
>
> The build is OK. But when I call the func, it crashes. If I comment the
> line:
> //#include<boost/thread.hpp>
>
> Then it works well. So how to use thread in MFC dll?
Providing exact errors here would be more helpful in reasoning about the
problem.
Anyway, Most common cause of this problem could be that you are not
linking your program with boost thread library ( i.e. libboost_thread-mt.a).
It could result in errors saying "Undefined Symbols".

If you have indeed linked boost thread library with your program then
another reason for errors could be that you have used different link
flags. I mean that you may have missed "/MT" flag while compiling your
program.

> --

DISCLAIMER:

intended

for the named recipient(s) only.

It shall not attach any liability on the originator or NECHCL or its

this email are solely those of the author and may not necessarily reflect the

opinions of NECHCL or its affiliates.

distribution and / or publication of

this message without the prior written consent of the author of this e-mail is

strictly prohibited. If you have

immediately. .