Subject: Re: [Boost-users] [statechart] history in the different state hierarchies
From: Andreas Huber (ahd6974-spamboostorgtrap_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-07-01 03:24:08

Hi

> I have a problem similar to the one described in the Statechart tutorial,
but a
> little different. My state machine has two states (let's call them A and B)
in
> the different state hierarchies and a third state C that can be transited to
> from either A or B. The transition from C must be done to either A or B,
> depending on where we came to C from.
>
> So I've decided to use the history. The difference between this problem and
> what's described in the tutorial is that A and B don't belong to the same
> composite state (they only belong to the same state machine). I can't simply
> declare "has_xxx_history" in the outer state like it's done in the tutorial.

If you want to transition to either state_A or state_B from state_C based on
history, I'm afraid putting state_A and state_B in the same direct or indirect
outer state is your only option. That's how history works.

In your example, it seems it would be possible to put state_A and state_B into
a new outer state state_X and transition to state_X with deep history, no?

Regards,

--
Andreas Huber
When replying by private email, please remove the words spam and trap from