Subject: Re: [Boost-users] chaining ouput iterator to input iterator
From: Nathan Ridge (zeratul976_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-07-09 18:20:52

> >> your options are ... 2) use a Boost.Context-based solution as I
> >> mentioned before.
>
> > Boost.Coroutine? Is that in boost vault?
>
> Heh. There is a Boost.Coroutine in the Vault, but you're better
> advised to use the new Boost.Coroutine just coming up for review this
> week (I believe).
>
> IMO, either would be better than directly using Boost.Context. Context
> is a low-level library intended for use by application-level libraries
> such as Coroutine. It's just that any application-level library based
> on user-space context switching necessarily deals with the same
> platform-dependent issues; Oliver Kowalke has very usefully abstracted
> those out as Context.
>
> Now Oliver has presented us with a reimplementation of the original
> Boost.Coroutine prototype (in the Vault), based on his Context
> library. If you're willing, it would be very timely to add your
> opinion to the review about to be announced.

You're right, I was thinking of an earlier version of Boost.Context that
had a high-level interface with an object of type 'context' which could
be suspended/resumed etc. It seems this interface is not included in the
Boost.Context that's currently in trunk and instead the functionality was
moved to Boost.Coroutine? I totally missed that...

Regards,
Nate