Subject: [Boost-users] mult_array view question
From: Petros (pmamales_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-07-13 16:27:51

Hi,
I have the following question:
The documentation describes how to obtain an array view for a small number of dimensions
by repeated application of the [] operator of boost::indices.
Is there a way to do it in a single call, bypassing the C-type notation?
Say, I have a five dimensional multi_array (ma, henceforth) and want to get a slice in one dimension.
Is there a call to do this ?
I am looking for a generic answer.
TIA,
Petros
PS: was hoping that the ranges_ field of extent_gen could do the trick, since all the info is there
- I know it’s in the detail namespace which practically means private/subject-to-change but had no
better idea.