Subject: Re: [Boost-users] Missing libboost_thread-vc100-mt-s-1_49.lib
From: Pekka Seppänen (pekka.seppanen_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-07-24 09:55:46

On 24.7.2012 16:32, VimalMathew_at_[hidden] wrote:
> I tried that.
> I get this huge bunch of LNK2019 unresolved external symbol errors. This is one:
> mex_all_paths_multithread_nograph.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "int __cdecl sym_close_environment(struct SYM_ENVIRONMENT *)" (?sym_close_environment@@YAHPAUSYM_ENVIRONMENT@@@Z) referenced in <ommited>
>
> Do you know why this is happening?

Hi,

looks like you're not linking against the Symphony libraries (thus the missing
sym_close_environment) (and I guess Matlab libs are next). It's not enough
that you specify the library paths, you need to specify the actual libraries
too (so convert those -l options and remember to specify the complete name as
-l does prefix and append things). You may pass the linker the /VERBOSE option
to see what it actually tries to do; Sometimes it's quite useful.

(This works mostly "automatically" with Boost as Boost.Config uses certains
MSVC specific #pragmas to tell the linker (thru compiler) which libraries to
link against so all you need to worry about is the path.)

-- Pekka