Subject: [Boost-users] statically linked boost libs with VS2010 missing ?
From: trevor_at_[hidden]
Date: 2012-08-07 20:21:41

Hi all,

I'm new to boost, and I'm trying to compile a windows console app
statically so the end user doesn't need vcredist.

I've changed my code generation options to use /mt (static
multithreaded) instead of dynamic multithreaded, but the linker cannot
find any libs with libboost*-sgd*.lib (ie.any static boost libs), and
they certainly don't exist on my computer. I've performed a --clean-all
and recompiled boost using "b2 link=static", but the libs are still
missing, even though the compile seems to work fine - and the generated
libs are actually following the dynamic naming convention, not the
static convention.

Is this some MSVC toolchain issue ? Is there another option I need to
be using for this toolchain ?

thanks
Trevor.