Subject: [Boost-users] serialization error : boost_serialization not closed
From: simone pilozzi (simonepilozzi_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-08-08 06:33:21

Dear Users,

I am often incurring in an error when I try to load the xml objects
serialized with boost with an xml reader (notepad 2007 for example) .
The error message is always the following "The following elements are not
closed: boost_serialization".
In the case of vector<double> the serialized file reads like this:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?>
<!DOCTYPE boost_serialization>
<boost_serialization signature="serialization::archive" version="9">
<Index_values>
    <count>777</count>
    <item_version>0</item_version>
    <item>0.654941</item>
    <item>0.61598900000000001</item>
    <item>0.051253</item>
    <item>0.03968</item>
</Index_values>

Then apparently there is boost_serialization is not closed (however, the
deserialization with boost will work).
Am I wrong somewhere or is it truly an issue?
Thanks in advance