Subject: Re: [Boost-users] How to connect to any boost::signal with a void returning function?
From: Lars Viklund (zao_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-08-14 13:33:50

On Tue, Aug 14, 2012 at 09:01:22AM -0700, Chris Stankevitz wrote:

> > I'm trying to connect a simple void returning function to multiple signals
> > of varying signature, I can see some references mentioning that it's
> > possible using boost::lambda::bind and boost::spirit::bind, But I keep
> > getting compilation errors, Is there something wrong with the following
> > code? Or is there a better way to do it? or is it not possible to do?
> >

> I have no idea what is a spirit or a phoenix, but your code compiles fine
> on my computer except for "undefined printf" which I commented out:

Assumedly he meant boost::phoenix::bind there, not 'spirit'.

Boost.Phoenix is a library for composing functions and more, well more
powerful than Boost.Bind and Boost.Lambda, originating from within
Boost.Spirit, nowadays being a proper separate library.

Boost.Spirit is a parser/generator library, full of goodness.

--
Lars Viklund | zao_at_[hidden]