Subject: Re: [Boost-users] installed version / build option
From: Lars Viklund (zao_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-08-20 09:45:27

On Sun, Aug 19, 2012 at 04:44:26PM +0200, Kraus Philipp wrote:
> Hello,
>
> can I read the build / version of the installed Boost from a file?
> I would like to grep the version and multithread / singlethread
> install option from the Boost include directory.

The headers are completely untouched by the build process. No matter
what build options you use, the number of headers and their content are
fixed in stone.

For the Boost version, consult the defines in <boost/version.hpp>.

For the presence of libraries, that's trickier. Depending on the value
of the --layout you used when building, they may or may not be decorated. See
the documentation on the 'system', 'tagged' and 'versioned' layouts, as
well as the table of decorations in the Getting Started guides [1][2].

Note that pretty much no modern system uses singlethreaded
runtimes/builds nowadays, so it might not be an issue at all.

[1] http://www.boost.org/doc/libs/1_50_0/more/getting_started/unix-variants.html#library-naming
[2] http://www.boost.org/doc/libs/1_50_0/more/getting_started/windows.html#library-naming

--
Lars Viklund | zao_at_[hidden]