Subject: Re: [Boost-users] boost::pool memory question
From: Brian Budge (brian.budge_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-08-21 14:24:59

On Tue, Aug 21, 2012 at 10:32 AM, Claude <clros_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>> Your mail does not contain any relevant text.
>
> I do not understand what you tell me...

In email, your valgrind output does not show up. Perhaps because it
is not plain text? Everything shows up fine in the web thread.

FWIW, assuming release_memory() should call delete[] on the pool's
internal memory buffers, this does indeed seem like a leak. Moreover,
it appears that delete[] is never called, even at pool destruction.
Valgrind actually rarely spews spurious errors. Sometimes they don't
matter (invalid reads/writes for memcpy on structures with padding,
etc...), but it's pretty much always spot-on.

  Brian