Subject: Re: [Boost-users] [boost::interprocess] assertion failure while buding with -O3
From: Viatcheslav.Sysoltsev_at_[hidden]
Date: 2012-08-23 03:00:46

On Wed, 22 Aug 2012 21:04:40 +0200, Priyank Patel
<ppatel_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am getting assertion failure in boost inter process library (trying to
> connect client/server via shared memory).
> This is happening especially while building an optimized version (-O3).
> When I build my applications in debug version I do not get this failure.

Hi,

You may try to use valgrind to find possible causes for spurious errors.
Use it with debug version of your executable, iron out all found errors,
and most of the time the spurious error seen previously with optimized
version will go away.

-- Slava