Subject: [Boost-users] [Filesystem] path::generic_u16string() seems not to exist?
From: Craig Dickson (cdickson_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-08-28 14:15:09

Hello all,

The online reference for Boost 1.50 show methods called u16string() and generic_u16string() to obtain the native and generic forms of the path as std::u16strings. However, if I try to compile code that uses them, the compiler can't find them, and the text "u16string" does not occur in boost/filesystem.hpp. (The same remarks apply to u32string and generic_u32string.)

My workaround for now is to provide my own implementation of string<u16string>() and generic_string<u16string>(). This gets the job done, but the discrepancy between the docs and the code still bugs me. Will these methods be provided in a future release? If not, shouldn't they be removed from the docs?

Thanks,
Craig