Subject: Re: [Boost-users] problems in compiling application using IBM XL C/C++ V12.1 and boost1.50.0
From: Pravar (pravar.jawalkar_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-09-04 03:07:41

On 09/04/2012 03:34 AM, Lars Viklund wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 03, 2012 at 09:01:38PM +0530, Pravar wrote:
>> Thanks Lars !
>>
>> Actually, problem was in header file
>> boost/date_time/time_resolution_traits.hpp which contained in some
>> function a template parameter
>> with name "v_type". During pre-processing phase, this v_type gets
>> replaced by "v_gnode->name" because one of system header files on IBM AIX
>> have a macro defined with same name i.e. v_type.
> Out of curiosity, which AIX release is this?
> Nothing seems to implicitly include sys/vnode.h on my 5.3 install.
I am using AIX6.1.
Also, error was occurred when I was compiling my application which has
included some system header files, which might included sys/vnode.h
implicitly.
But when I build boost 1.45.0 ( only few libraries like thread, wave,
regex, serialization etc.) no error occurred related to this.

DISCLAIMER:

intended

for the named recipient(s) only.

It shall not attach any liability on the originator or NECHCL or its

this email are solely those of the author and may not necessarily reflect the

opinions of NECHCL or its affiliates.

distribution and / or publication of

this message without the prior written consent of the author of this e-mail is

strictly prohibited. If you have

immediately. .