Subject: Re: [Boost-users] Why is there so much co-dependency in Boost? Is there anything to be done about it?
From: Jens Müller (blog_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-09-05 17:29:49

Am 04.09.2012 18:16, schrieb Paul A. Bristow:
> Because Boost is a leader in software development, that a library is accepted for Boost makes it
> very much less likely that it is already patented, and the code being placed in the public domain
> may provide evidence of 'prior art' to thwart future attempts to obtain a patent.

Do you have formal escrow procedures for that?

To proof mere existence in a legally sustainable way, it would be
sufficient to apply cryptographically signed timestamps.

German law provides for "qualified timestamps" (§ 9 Signaturgesetz). I
think they are based on European directives. What I don't know is
whether there are similar concepts in other important jurisdictions such
as the US.

  -- Jens