Subject: [Boost-users] [serialization] disable BOOST_STATIC_WARNING for track_never objects?
From: Brian Budge (brian.budge_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-09-10 13:43:05

Hi all -

It's possible that I'm still doing something questionable, in which
case, I hope you'll let me know. If what I'm doing is okay, perhaps
there's a way to disable this warning.

I have a virtual class hierarchy which I use to pass messages via
boost.mpi. These messages then perform dispatch through helper
objects on either side of the communication. I want to turn off
object pointer tracking, so I've set my classes via
BOOST_CLASS_TRACKING(myclass, boost::serialization::track_never).

I thought this would just turn it off without a hitch, but I get a
huge cascade of warning/error messages stemming from
check_pointer_tracking(), where there is a comment that "serializing
an object of a type marked "track_never" through a pointer could
result in creating more objects than were saved!".

If this is expected, how can I turn the warning off? If it is not
expected, are there suggestions for what might be changed?

Thanks,
  Brian