Subject: Re: [Boost-users] CSR graph and Dijkstra's to lower graph memory
From: Leo Hidd (leohidd_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-09-23 15:29:17

and, since you are in a cluster, you could also try the distributed
(parallel) version of SSSP. It will probably boost your running time.

About your memory usage, let's see. You have ~580,000,000 edges, 2 fixed
point of 4 bytes (vertex indices) plus one floating point of 8 bytes
(edge cost) per edge, totalizing ~9.3 GB. If your graph is undirected,
but if you use a directed CSR, than you multiply this by 2 (to include
both senses), totalizing ~19GB. Now if your 35GB takes into account
only the Boost graph size, it would seem a little too much, however if
you also consider your own structure to load your information on RAM, it
is just fine.

leo