Subject: Re: [Boost-users] C++ (boost) library for serial port communication
From: Norbert Wenzel (norbert.wenzel.lists_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-09-28 02:26:27

On 09/28/2012 01:58 AM, Lemay.Steve wrote:
> I have the same need. It appears boost::asio provides a good place to start. [...]
>
> I'd love to hear any other expert opinions on the best approach to this as well.

I'm by no means an expert but I'm using Asio for serial port
communication (on Windows only) for a few years now without any issues.
I'm mostly controling projectors but also connected some light and
trigger control boards. As long as the (virtual) COM device is available
I didn't have any problems with Asio.

Also I don't know of any other library (inside or outside Boost) besides
the OS specific ones, but I have to admit I didn't look around much,
since I already had Asio based network code and the Asio serial
communication worked flawlessly.

Norbert