Subject: [Boost-users] Multiple Versions of Boost in the Same Executable
From: Aaron_Wright_at_[hidden]
Date: 2012-10-08 16:52:16

I have a large executable that loads shared libraries as plugins. Some of
those shared libraries dynamically link with an old boost version that's
part of the system (/usr/lib) when they are loaded.

I want to build my own plugin shared library, but I want to use a newer
boost version. I tend to link boost in statically.

My question is, will it cause any issues if I create a shared library that
is statically linked with a newer version of boost, and have it loaded by
the same executable that is dynamically linked with an old version of
boost?

I hoping this'll work, as I can't upgrade the system boost very easily.

---
Aaron Wright