Subject: Re: [Boost-users] Intrsuive multisets and stable sorting
From: Ion Gaztañaga (igaztanaga_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-10-18 06:33:17

El 18/10/2012 6:08, Jeffrey Lee Hellrung, Jr. escribió:
> On Wed, Oct 17, 2012 at 9:51 AM, Dan Posluns <dan_at_[hidden]
> <mailto:dan_at_[hidden]>> wrote:

> Best would be
> documentation that lists which multiset implementations are stable
> and which
> aren't, but I can't find such a thing in the docs.
>

> I agree; if stability of insertions with equal keys can be guaranteed
> (which I don't see why it can't be off-hand for any of the binary tree
> implementations), that fact would be nice to add to the documentation.

Current implementation has stability, and it should be documented.
However, it's missing N1780:

http://www.open-std.org/jtc1/sc22/wg21/docs/papers/2005/n1780.html

http://www.open-std.org/jtc1/sc22/wg21/docs/lwg-defects.html#233

Could please fill a ticket in Trac, requesting documentation on
stability and the implementation of N1780?

Once Boost.Intrusive gets N1780, Boost.Container will get it, as it's
based on Boost.Intrusive.

Best,

Ion