Subject: Re: [Boost-users] [EXTERNAL] Re: [MPI] missing symbols using serialization's static library design
From: Robert Ramey (ramey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-10-18 13:33:02

"Barrett, Brian W" <bwbarre_at_[hidden]> wrote in message
> On 10/17/12 1:00 PM, "Robert Ramey" <ramey_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>
> >Barrett, Brian W wrote:
> >>

> Unfortunately, I'm barely competent in using Boost.MPI and
> Boost.Serialization. I'm definitely not in a position to be able to apply
> a patch.
>
> What I'm getting from your responses and the general silence elsewhere is
> that the right answer is to deal with the incompatibilities between
> versions of Boost and explicitly instantiate all the internal MPI
> archivers and hope for the best. It's a little painful, but I think we
> can do that.

Well, your organization could contract with me to address this for you.

I've done special work for several companies which use the serialization
library. This work has been contributed to boost and become part of the
distributed package. So

a) The organization gets what it needs for a reasonable cost.
b) Any generally useful enhancements get included in the library

So it helps everyone all around.

Thanks in advance for considering this.

Robert Ramey