Subject: Re: [Boost-users] [Boost.Functional.OverloadedFunction][C++03] Number of overloads in boost::overload_function<...>
From: Steven Watanabe (watanabesj_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-10-18 23:42:40

AMDG

On 10/17/2012 07:50 AM, Lorenzo Caminiti wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 17, 2012 at 4:24 AM, Felipe Magno de Almeida
> <felipe.m.almeida_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>> That's a bit restricting. I could really use a overloaded_function
>> that received a MPL or Fusion
>> sequence as well.
>
> Why do you need to use MPL and Fusion sequences? What's the use case?

This would happen if the overloads are computed
by metaprogramming instead of being hard-coded
into the source.

> You should be able to do the same with the current interface (a part
> from the other question of if the current interface should expose the
> number of overloads as constant).

I would argue that overloaded_function should be
a fusion sequence even without knowing any specific
use cases. If something looks like a container, I
can pretty much guarantee that sooner or later,
someone will want use algorithms on it.

In Christ,
Steven Watanabe