Subject: [Boost-users] Boost install creates no boost library files
From: niallm (niall.maccrann.12_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-10-22 08:55:37

Hi guys,

I'm running OS X 10.8.2 and I'm trying to install boost. I'm using Enthought
python. So I've unpacked the tar file boost_1_51_0.tar.bz2 into usr/local.
Then in the resulting directory boost_1_51_0, I do the following commands:

$ ./bootstrap.sh --with-python=2.7
--with-python-root=../../Library/Frameworks/EPD64.framework
/Versions/Current/bin/python

then:

$ ./b2 link=shared --with-python --with-math
(I only need the python and math parts). This returns:
he Boost C++ Libraries were successfully built!

The following directory should be added to compiler include paths:

    /usr/local/boost_1_51_0

The following directory should be added to linker library paths:

    /usr/local/boost_1_51_0/stage/lib

Then I did:
$ sudo ./b2 --prefix=usr/local link=shared --with-python --with-math install

This returns:
common.mkdir usr
common.mkdir usr/local
common.mkdir usr/local/include
common.mkdir usr/local/include/boost

Followed by lots of lines starting 'common.copy...' and finished with
'...updated 9752 targets...'.

However when I check in usr/local/include there is no boost directory, and
there are no boost libraries in usr/local/lib

Thanks in advance