Subject: [Boost-users] [boost build] Where/How is python found?
From: Gottlob Frege (gottlobfrege_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-10-30 11:33:23

I'm trying to determine how boost build finds the python install. I
see in boost\tools\build\v2\tools\python-config.jam that it looks in
the Windows Registry (for NT at least). But this only checks for
Python 2.4, 2.3, 2.2. It also seems to look for python.exe in the
PATH. But I can't seem to find the code that does that. Any ideas?

In particular, I would like to change it to actually check for an
include directory once it finds python.exe. On my system, it finds a
'rogue' python.exe that is not part of the full python install (thus
no include folder).

Tony