Subject: Re: [Boost-users] __MINGW32_MAJOR_VERSION confusing, and causing problems with boost thread
From: Florian Burkart (florian.burkart_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-11-01 10:19:59

Maybe I should have mentioned this. I only installed it a couple of days
ago - it is what is included in the newest version of the Rtools (
http://cran.r-project.org/bin/windows/Rtools/

). And according to the instructions at
http://cran.r-project.org/doc/manuals/R-admin.html#The-Windows-toolset:

If you want to build R or add-on packages from source in Windows, you will
need to collect, install and test an extensive set of tools. See
http://CRAN.R-project.org/bin/windows/Rtools/>

 for the current locations and other updates to these instructions. (Most
Windows users will not need to build add-on packages from source; see Add-on
packages<
http://cran.r-project.org/doc/manuals/R-admin.html#Add_002don-packages>

 for details.)

We have found that the build process for R is quite sensitive to the choice
of tools: please follow our instructions *exactly*, even to the choice of
particular versions of the
tools.44<http://cran.r-project.org/doc/manuals/R-admin.html#fn-44>

 The build process for add-on packages is somewhat more forgiving, but we
recommend using the exact toolset at first, and only substituting other
tools once you are familiar with the process.

*This appendix contains a lot of prescriptive comments. They are here as a
result of bitter experience. Please do not report problems to the R mailing
lists unless you have followed all the prescriptions.*

We have collected most of the necessary tools (unfortunately not all, due
to license or size limitations) into an executable installer
named45<http://cran.r-project.org/doc/manuals/R-admin.html#fn-45>

 Rtools215.exe, available from
http://CRAN.R-project.org/bin/windows/Rtools/>

. You should download and run it, choosing the default “Package authoring
installation” to build add-on packages, or the “full installation” if you
intend to build R.

Which is why I am on this version. I guess I could ignore it and upgrade,
but ...

On Thu, Nov 1, 2012 at 2:09 PM, niXman <i.nixman_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> > #if defined(__MINGW64__) || (__MINGW32_MAJOR_VERSION >3) || \
> > ((__MINGW32_MAJOR_VERSION==3) && (__MINGW32_MINOR_VERSION>=18))
> >
> > evaluating to false and this
>
> You are using mingw based on very old CRT.
>

> --
> Regards,
> niXman

Florian Burkart
florian.burkart_at_[hidden]
+44-75-31049134
Managing Director
Flam Research Limited
Company Number 7618723
Registered in England and Wales
Correspondence address: Unit 7218, PO Box 6945, London, W1A 6US
Trading address: The Barn, Lambourne Road, Chigwell, IG7 6JB
Registered address: Office 8, 10 Buckhurst Road, Bexhill-On-Sea, East
Sussex, TN40 1QF