Subject: Re: [Boost-users] MingW compilation errors
From: Nathan Ridge (zeratul976_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-11-03 21:49:32

> I have managed to build the boost libraries with b2 and the gcc toolset option.
> Alas, whenever I use a header which invokes such a library in Code::Blocks chained with MingW I get these errors:
> undefined reference to _Unwind_SiLj_Register  undefined reference to _Unwind_SiLj_Unregister
> undefined reference to _Unwind_SiLj_Resume
> undefined reference to __gxx_personality_sj0

These errors suggest that the boost libraries were compiled with a different
version of gcc than the code that is trying to use them. Check which gcc
version you used to build the boost libraries, and make sure that Code::Blocks
is configured to use the same gcc version.

> undefined reference to _WSACleanup_at_0
> undefined reference to _WSAStartup_at_8

These errors suggest that you need to link your program to the winsock32
library. On the command line you would do this by adding the flag "-lws2_32"
to the linker command. I'm not familiar with Code::Blocks, but presumably
there is a dialog somewhere where you can specify linker options.

Regards,
Nate