Subject: [Boost-users] On Windows, how does Boost decide which MSVS version to use, if I have more than one installed?
From: Ramon F Herrera (ramon_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-11-05 15:48:01

When I tried to build some app, I ended up with this error message:

1>LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file
'libboost_filesystem-vc80-mt-1_51.lib'

I am sure it is due to the fact that I have a couple of Boost
installations and 2 Versions of MSVS as well (2005 and 2010).

NB: This is the way I build Boost on Windows:

.\bootstrap.bat

.\bjam.exe --with-date_time --with-filesystem --with-regex --with-system
--stagedir=. --build-type=complete toolset=msvc

The question is about that last parameter above.

Does the install procedure:

(a) Go to "Program Files" and takes a look at the name of the highest
numbered MSVS folder?

or

(b) Is this info extracted from the Registry or something?

TIA,

-Ramon