Subject: Re: [Boost-users] code review please? [boost::asio]
From: Littlefield, Tyler (tyler_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-11-18 14:49:58

On 11/18/2012 12:13 PM, Igor R wrote:
>> I was curious if some boost::asio guru would mind checking this out. I just
>> posted my code in, I'd like to know if there's anything that could be done
>> better.
>
> I'm not a guru, but pay attention to 2 points:
> 1) If _buffers container has several elements, HandleWrite() won't
> call Write() anymore. In other words, _writing state flag handling is
> incorrect: the flag should be reset unconditionally in HandleWrite().
> 2) The access to _buffers container is not synchronized, so you may
> call Client::Write() only from the thread that executes
> io_service::run().

Awesome, thanks. I appreciate both. I'm not totally sure what you
mean--I need to lock the thread? My system will have multiple servers
running under it. I create services and feed them to a manager which
calls Start. This spawns a thread per service. Then I call service.run.
Is that going to block the main thread? Is there a way to do what I'm
trying--run a thread per server?
Thanks,