Subject: Re: [Boost-users] "cross-running" boost tests
From: Jürgen Hunold (jhunold_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-11-23 02:50:02

Hi Tony,

On Thursday, 22. November 2012 15:27:46 Gottlob Frege wrote:
> That is along the right track. But I don't want to have to do that for
> every boost test file.
>
> This isn't for my own tests, I want to run the boost tests.
>
> I sort of need a global launcher that I can hook into.

Well, that is exactly the purpose of "testing.launcher".

I use this to start valgrind on all my test cases.
Jamfile syntax is:

<testing.launcher>"valgrind --leak-check=full --leak-resolution=high --track-
origins=yes --error-exitcode=1 --gen-suppressions=all"

and that would be on commandline:

 b2 testing.launcher="valgrind --leak-check=full ..."

This will start all tests with valgrind. Handy for catching memory leaks,
uninitialised variables and all the other things valgrind can detect.

You really only need to write a wrapper script which does the necessary setup
and stuff and use this as launcher skript

Yours,

Jürgen

--
* Dipl.-Math. Jürgen Hunold  !
* voice: ++49 4257 300       ! Fährstraße 1