Subject: Re: [Boost-users] Install Boost 1.52.0 for Visual Studio 2012 on Windows 8
From: Lemay.Steve (Steve.Lemay_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-12-21 12:10:44

I simple check it out and build it myself. It's really easy and doesn't take very long. For the small parts I've been using, boost::asio for serial comms, and boost::threading so far seem to work fine. I have all VS2012 updates applied... and a clean install of Win8 (metro yuk).

Just use a VS property sheet (.props) and drop in the root directory for boost to setup the include and library directories... and you can pretty easily just move it around to wherever you wish... for me D:\boost. Very simple, very easy.

SGL
steven.lemay_at_[hidden]<mailto:steven.lemay_at_[hidden]>