Subject: Re: [Boost-users] Help a novice today getting started with regex.hpp
From: Anthony Foiani (tkil_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-01-20 03:42:25

Neil --

Neil Sutton <neilmsutton_at_[hidden]> writes:
> Please can someone tell me the best place to start studying how to
> write and use boost::regex.hpp?

Which of these situations describes you best?

1. You already know C++ (and related build environment / tools) very
   well, but are new to regular expressions.

2. You already know regular expressions (as provided by one or more
   tools), but you are new to C++ / Boost / linking.

3. You already know both C++ and regular expressions very well, but
   want to know how to join the two using Boost.Regex.

Depending on which situation you are in, we can provide better advice.

Regards,
Anthony Foiani