Subject: Re: [Boost-users] unix tools
From: Mateusz Loskot (mateusz_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-02-12 06:22:25

On 12 February 2013 11:09, gast128 <gast128_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> since Boost has marvelous cross platform libraries, wouldn't it be an idea
> to rewrite all the standard commandline unix tools (e.g. cp, grep, ps, ls,
> diff) in c++ with Boost? Libraries like program options, filesystem and
> regex already fullfill a lot of the functionality. Only thing left is a
> person with a good knowledge of the syntax of the cmd line tools and ofc a
> lot of time:).

GSoC has just started, I believe proposals are welcome, so write one.
This sounds like a feasible project within the GSoC time-frame for a
student with both,
Unix and Windows experience

Besides, it's off-topic:
"This list is for discussion of issues related to using these [Boost]
libraries".
For discussions on new developments ->

Best regards,