Subject: Re: [Boost-users] some questions about boost.log & boost.process
From: Boris Schaeling (boris_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-02-12 17:16:43

On Tue, 12 Feb 2013 14:50:57 +0100, niXman <i.nixman_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> For my project I needed a logger and the ability to run/manage processes.
> Since the project will use boost, I do not want to drag into it
> external libraries.
>
> I googled boost.process[1] and boost.log[2][3], and I have three
> questions:
> 1) whether these libraries are suitable for use in real projects? have
> anyone used them?

I'm the maintainer of Boost.Process (if there is something like a
maintainer for an unofficial Boost library). If you want to use
Boost.Process, I strongly recommend using the version at
<http://www.highscore.de/boost/process0.5/>. That's the latest version
which is awaiting a review. It is used by others in real projects and has
quite an extensive test suite. Furthermore, I try to help out quickly if
anyone runs into any issues (which means there shouldn't be any issues
most of the time :).

> 2) do I understand correctly that the boost.process library does not
> have open CVS?

Yes, the latest version is currently only available as a ZIP file from
<http://www.highscore.de/boost/process0.5/process.zip>.

Boris