Subject: Re: [Boost-users] How to search multi_index container using composite key with date ranges
From: Joaquin M Lopez Munoz (joaquin_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-02-13 01:52:08

Jeff <jeffro59 <at> gmail.com> writes:

> The solution did raise a question concerning the lower/upper iterators being
> used in this example. I expected to search getting iterators from
> referencing the index, but these iterators are obtained from the container
> level. Is this possible because there is only one index defined? If 2 or
> more indexes were defined on this container would the iterators used here
> work the same?

Regardless of the number of indices, the "container level" interface
corresponds with that of the first index. This is mentioned in several
places across the documentation, for instance at the end of

http://www.boost.org/libs/multi_index/doc/tutorial/basics.html#multiple_sort

> [...] Multi_index is a very impressive creation!

It was a lot of fun to write it. Glad it's useful to you.

Joaquín M López Muñoz
Telefónica Digital