Subject: [Boost-users] [Property Tree] special character in XML tag
From: Gábor Márton (martongabesz_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-02-18 08:10:18

Hi,

I have the following property tree, dumped in INFO format:

CudbAppServiceId=1
{
    userLabel ""
    sqlAppSrvPlSchema identities-pl.sql
    CudbAppServiceId CudbAppServiceId=1
}

When I dump it in XML format, I got the following:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<CudbAppServiceId=1>
<userLabel/>
<sqlAppSrvPlSchema>identities-pl.sql</sqlAppSrvPlSchema>
<CudbAppServiceId>CudbAppServiceId=1</CudbAppServiceId>
</CudbAppServiceId=1>

This is not a valid XML, because we have a tag "CudbAppServiceId=1".
Of course, any other xml parser like xmllint will fail to parse it,
because of the equality sign in the tag.

Is there any solution to this problem? Like somehow emitting &#61;
instead of the raw '=' inside the tag and in the text?

Thanks,
Gabor