Subject: [Boost-users] time out for r_c_shortest_paths
From: Brammert Ottens (Brammert.Ottens_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-02-21 08:44:07

Hi,

I want to be able to put a time out on the r_c_shortest_paths, and still be able to get the optimal paths that have been found so far. Currently, I changed the REF such that it always returns false as soon as the time out has reach, in effect emptying the unprocessed_labels queue. The problem with this is that the algorithm still needs quite some time to actually empty the queue.

I tried to have the on_label_popped(cur_label) throw an exception when the timeout has been reached. The timeout itself works like a charm, but because the pareto_optimal_solutions container is only filled after the while loop I can't access the already found optimal solutions.

Does anybody have an idea on how to do this in a better way, without having to request an addition to the boost API?

Regards,

Brammert