Subject: Re: [Boost-users] [fusion, phoenix, spirit2] C++ orientation
From: Brian Budge (brian.budge_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-02-25 13:00:15

> Like a spiked array: visually, something like this: {{#}, {##}, {#}, {},
> {#####}}, where we have a sequence of sequences, each # represents one of
> the RGB-based tuples.
>
> Not especially germane to this thread, although, yes, we will be serializing
> the data in some form. What I am focused on here is how to expose these
> details into the domain model for processing. For instance, potentially we
> have a parser facet as part of the processing algorithm that can run parsed
> calculations on each

Okay, so between the link in another post in the thread and your
description above, I'm thinking something like
typedef std::vector< std::vector<RGB> > spiked_array;

A type like this is likely trivially serializable using the
serialization library. If the data is coming out of a C# program,
you might want to try another binary representation.
It's probably also easy to write out a representation that can be
parsed pretty simply with spirit, and you could supply semantic
actions if you want; however, if you are dumping and parsing text,
you'll need to be careful not to lose precision if you are using
floating point, and if you care about performance, I would shy away
from text-based representations. I think there may be better ways to
apply different "facet" calculators for different spiked_arrays by
running over the data in a deserialized (in-data-structure)
representation.

Perhaps it would help if you gave a bit more information on what kinds
of different spiked arrays you expect to see, and what kinds of
different compute you will want to run on the different spiked_arrays.

  Brian