Subject: [Boost-users] icu libraries renamed in icu-50-*
From: koala01 (koala01_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-03-03 07:04:03

Hello,

I just have compiled a personnal build of mingw-w64 (gcc 4.8) and
different extern libraries, as icu-50.1.2 (the last release of that
library) on windows vista

When trying to compile boost (1-53-0), it appears that icu is not found,
due to following name changes in icu:

  * icudata library is now named icudt
  * icui18n library is now named icuin

(i dont know if those change are recent or not :S)

We can, of course, provide a copy of those libraries with the correct /
needed names, but shouldn't it better to make a conditionnal choice on
the icu version to know if we have to use one or other name, to ensure
that icu would be correctly detected ?

I expect that such test should simply take place in a jamfile or in
another, am i wrong?