Subject: Re: [Boost-users] building with iostreams and a non-standard zlib location
From: Norbert Wenzel (norbert.wenzel.lists_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-03-08 06:03:27

On 08.03.2013 05:18, James Amundson wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to do a bjam build of boost packages including iostreams. I
> have zlib installed under /unusual/location
>
> ./bjam include=/unusual/location/include install
>
> fails because it cannot find -lz. Obviously, I need to specify that libz
> is in /unusual/location/lib, but I don't see how to do that.
>
> I realize this seems obvious. Which part of the documentation am I missing?

Here is a part of my (Windows) bat file I use to build Boost inside our
company.

@REM ZLIB files
set NO_ZLIB=0
set ZLIB_INCLUDE=H:\zlib-1.2.7\
set ZLIB_SOURCE=H:\zlib-1.2.7\

@REM explicitly enable compression
set NO_COMPRESSION=0

@REM the actual call to boost build
b2 -j 8 --toolset=msvc-10.0 address-model=32 --build-type=complete stage

I'm using environment variables to define the unusual path, which works
fine on Windows and I guess as well on any other OS, but I haven't
tested that.

Norbert