Subject: Re: [Boost-users] [fusion] Defining pixel formats
From: Christian Henning (chhenning_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-03-16 15:14:16

>> I never had the opportunity to
>> get myself familiar with fusion so I started learning it and I'm
>> really amazed how easy the library is to use. I think I'm at a point
>> where I would like to reach to the community for some advice.
>

> The very idea is to use Fusion to manipulate the pixel, not defining the
> pixel, though you could do it.

I think I must be misunderstood you then. No problem. But would you
agree that gil and fusion share at some code which could be
eliminated?

> I have one file "adapted_pixel.hpp" that adapts GIL pixel (concept) to
> Fusion Associative Sequence. Though I want to share here but there's another
> dependency on my other header.

It's fine when you just point out the general idea. What algorithms in
fusion do you use that's not available in gil?

> reverse_view is a view after all, so you can't instantiate it with ( 30, 20,
> 10 ).
> If you wanna define the reverse one, then fusion::map<..in reverse
> order...>.

So there is no way to define the return type for reverse view?

> I'm happy with the way that GIL defines the pixel, what Fusion really shines
> here is the generalized way to manipulate the data.

Could you hint me some ideas for what fusion provides that's not in gil?

Regards,
Christian