Subject: [Boost-users] bad reloc address when compiling with mingw
From: Leonardo Sá (leo_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-03-24 17:36:55

Hi all,

I have been trying to create an .exe that links to several boost libraries
(date-time, python, etc.) using MinGW, cross compiling for windows on
linux. I compiled boost using mingw without problems.

When linking the exe, I am receiving the following error:

CMakeFiles/fp_core_test.dir/objects.a(MockEnvironment.cpp.obj):MockEnvironment.cpp:(.text+0x381):
undefined reference to `fp_core::Window::init(int, int,
boost::shared_ptr<fp_core::Renderer>)'
/usr/bin/i686-w64-mingw32-ld:
CMakeFiles/fp_core_test.dir/objects.a(MockEnvironment.cpp.obj): bad reloc
address 0x8 in section
`.text$_ZN5boost6detail15sp_counted_baseC2Ev[boost::detail::sp_counted_base::sp_counted_base()]

I have no idea what "bad reloc address" means. Googling wasn't much help.
Anyone can give me a pointer in the right direction?

Thanks!