Subject: [Boost-users] Newbie Interprocess message_thread user
From: John Davies (john.davies_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-03-30 17:55:13

I'm new to Boost and new to Linux. But old to Windows. So I'm doing some
initial development in Windows XP.

I have two executables made in different projects. I planned on using a
message_queue to communicate between the two applications. But sending a
message from one app does not make it to the other.

I can add and handle messages from one thread to another within the same
application. SO I know I have things partially setup correctly.

But now I'm at a complete loss. Should two exe files be able to communicate
through Boost message_queues? Or am I misunderstanding the whole thing?