Subject: Re: [Boost-users] Boost-users] publish/subscribe/message architecture using boost
From: Brian Wood (woodbrian77_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-04-06 17:01:52

Sean Farrow writes:

> Hi all,
> I''m currently looking at redesigning an application and changing to
> boost/c++11 library components. The application reads data from an
input,
> processes the data and then send it to an output.

The C++ Middelware Writer (CMW) may be of interest. The
application you mention sounds similar to the middle tier of the
CMW --
http://webEbenezer.net/build_integration.html
http://webEbenezer.net/misc/cmwAmbassador.hh
http://webEbenezer.net/misc/cmwAmbassador.cc

> The current architecture is one thread per "device" where a device is a
> pair of input/output ports and one processing stage. What I'd like to
> do is move this to either a publish/subscribe model or some form of
> message-based system where an input comes in and a message is then
> sent to the next stage of the process. All stages will happen on the
same
> physical/virtual machine. Are there any good pub/subscribe or
> message-based components using the boost architecture that works
> on mac osx/win32.

We don't have pub/subscribe support, but the CMW is a
message-based middleware.

--
Brian Wood
Ebenezer Enterprises  -  in G-d we trust.