Subject: [Boost-users] ASIO with std::thread
From: asif saeed (asif.lse2_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-04-10 02:44:14

Hi,

I am a newbie to both boost.asio and std::thread and std::future and so on
and am just learning and trying to develop a messaging library.

Are there any implications of using std::thread and std::future, etc. with
boost.asio (instead of boost.thread, etc.)? I'd be thankful if you could
provide me the answer in detail and give me helpful pointers to online
links and provide examples. Specifically, I'm very interested in using
std::future and promise with std::thread but I want future with ASIO based
sockets.

In addition, it'd be just great if you could also provide me an example of
using boost's chrono based stead clock for setting up interval timers to,
for example, get an event after every 10 seconds.

Best regards,
-Asif