Subject: [Boost-users] MSM: Initialize inner state machine from outer state machine
From: Dan Schatzberg (dschatz_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-04-11 13:54:48

Hi,

I have shared data between states which are state machines themselves. I've
stored the shared data in the outer state machine and wish to initialize
each of the inner state machines with a reference to the shared data. Is
this the "right way" to do this? How would I do this?

Here's an example of what I'm doing:

struct Outer_ : state_machine_def<Outer_> {
  int foo;
  struct Inner_ : state_machine_def<Inner_> {
    int& foo;
    Inner_(int& f) : foo(f) {}
  }

}

How do I get the inner state machines constructor called with data from the
outer state machine? Or is this just the wrong way to do things? Thanks